Sunday, May 4, 2008

Some of My Grand Canyon Hike Pictures


































Here are just a few of the pictures of my Grand Canyon Hike in April with my friend Nancy. We hiked about 10 miles that day down to Indian Gardens and back up. Can't believe I am doing this at 61 years of age "Grin". It was beautiful and a really fun trip. The trail had ice and snow at the top, red clay and dust as went kept going down. It was worth it...Indian Gardens was beautiful.. As you can see...Nancy and I celebrated after we came back out of the Canyon. Oh..the guys just waited for us to go down and come back up!!!! Whats with that????












4 comments:

The Goldman Family said...

Ginger, WOW that looks like it was a lot of fun! I am so proud of you! Thanks so much for posting the pictures....now we know you were not pulling our leg, and you really did do it...HA
So, where is your next hiking adventure going to be? We have a few nice mountains to climb around here, and I will go with you too! Of course Jeb will have to ride piggy-back! Come on you need some scenery change!! Plus we miss you both.
Anyway, I'm glad you had fun and stayed safe! Love you much!
Tami

P.S. Oh you tell Uncle John he has to do something crazy now and put pictures of it on his blog. I'm sure he can think of something....:) Nothing that involves too much danger though!!! Love ya

John said...

May I say that the guys did a heck of a job staying up on the rim. Someone had to do it! We went on a long hike too and had to take care of the dog. And we were there when they came up and gave them hugs even though they were sweaty. What more could those gals ask for!!!!!!!!!!!

Vickie said...

Those were such great pics Ginger and I know you all had fun. You are looking so good and proud of you. Take care and hugs to you guys....

Grandma of Many said...

Well does this look like memories or what? We did that a few times. Way to go Ginger. I think when we went, Ken also went. Hello!!! John??? Love, Dottie